Ferntree Gully And District Ladies’ Wednesday Tennis Association Inc.. Friendly competition tennis. Midweek Competition Tennis. Wednesday & Thursdays Womens Doubles. Enjoy a hit, join one of our clubs.
13. A question arising at a general meeting of the Association shall be determined on a show of hands and unless before or on the declaration of the show of hands a poll is demanded, a declaration by the Chairman that a resolution has, on a show of hands, been carried or carried unanimously or carried on a majority or lost, and as entry to that effect in the Minute Book of the Association is evidence of the fact, without proof of the number or proportion of the votes recorded in favour of, or against, that resolution.
14. (1) Upon any question arising at a general meeting of the Association, a Club Delegate has one vote only.
(2) All votes shall be given personally.
(3) In the case of an equality of voting on a question, the Chairman of the meeting is entitled to exercise a casting vote.
(4) A member club is not entitled to vote at any general meeting unless all monies due and payable by it to the Association including any fines have been paid.
15. (1) If at a meeting a poll on any question is demanded by not less than one-
(2) A poll that is demanded on the election of a Chairman or on a question of an adjournment shall be taken forthwith and a poll that is demanded on any other question shall be taken at such time before the close of the meeting as the Chairman may direct.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE -
16. (1) The affairs of the Association shall be managed by a Committee of Management constituted as provided in Rule 17.
(2) The Committee……………
(a) shall control and manage the business and affairs of the Association;
(b) may, subject to these rules, the regulations and the Act, exercise all such powers and functions as may be exercised by the Association other than those powers and functions that are required by these rules to be exercised by general meetings of the members of the Association;
(c) subject to these rules, the regulations and the Act, has power to perform all such acts and things as appear to the Committee to be essential for the proper management of the business and affairs of the Association.
CONSTITUTION OF EXECUTIVE
17. (1) The officers of the Association shall be ……………..
(a) a President;
(b) a Vice President;
(c) a Treasurer;
(d) a General Secretary;
(e) a Thursday Secretary;
(f) four Record Secretaries.
(2) The provisions of rule 20 so far as they are applicable and with the necessary modifications, apply to and in relation to the election of persons to any of the offices mentioned in sub-
(3) Each officer of the Association shall hold office until the Annual General Meeting next after the date of his election but is eligible for re-
(4) In the event of a casual vacancy in any office referred to in sub-